The 97th annual Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will take place on Thursday, November 23, 2023.
New Start Time!
The parade is scheduled to begin on 77th Street and Central Park West at 8:30 AM! That’s 30 minutes earlier than ever before in New York and on the broadcast.
There are 2.5 miles of designated public viewing areas along the parade route in 2023.
- Starting Point: W. 77th Street & Central Park West
- From Central Park West: Parade marches south down Central Park West for 18 blocks to Columbus Circle.
- From Columbus Circle: Parade turns onto Central Park South and heads east to 6th Avenue.
- From Central Park South & 6th Avenue: Parade turns onto 6th Avenue and heads south to 34th Street.
- 6th Avenue: Parade marches south down 6th Avenue for 25 blocks to 34th Street.
- 34th Street: Parade turns west onto 34th Street to 7th Avenue.
- Ending Point: Macy’s Herald Square at 34th Street & 7th Avenue
Best Spots for Watching the Parade
The best place to watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is along Central Park West, towards the start of the parade. This will also help to avoid getting caught up in all the madness at the end.
Arrive early (think 6am!) and find a spot anywhere on the west side of Central Park West between W. 75th Street and W. 61st Street.
Once this portion of the parade has ended, your next best bet for viewing will be anywhere along 6th Avenue, between W. 59th Street and W. 38th Street.
Areas To Avoid: No Public Viewing
The following areas are either restricted for public viewing, or limited by the national television broadcast, so make sure to steer clear of these locations:
- Central Park West & W. 77th Street
- Central Park West between W. 60th & W. 59th Streets
- Central Park South between Columbus Circle & 6th Avenue
- 6th Avenue between W. 38th & W. 34th Streets
- W. 34th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues